Non taxable Transfers
Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes 375.090
- A mere change in identity, form or place of organization, such as a transfer between a business entity and its parent, its subsidiary or an affiliated business entity if the affiliated business entity has identical common ownership.
- A transfer of title to the United States, any territory or state or any agency, department, instrumentality or political subdivision thereof.
- A transfer of title recognizing the true status of ownership of the real property, including, without limitation, a transfer by an instrument in writing pursuant to the terms of a land sale installment contract previously recorded and upon which the taxes imposed by this chapter have been paid.
- A transfer of title without consideration from one joint tenant or tenant in common to one or more remaining joint tenants or tenants in common.
- A transfer, assignment or other conveyance of real property if the owner of the property is related to the person to whom it is conveyed within the first degree of lineal consanguinity or affinity.
- A transfer of title between former spouses in compliance with a decree of divorce.
- A transfer of title to or from a trust without consideration if a certificate of trust is presented at the time of transfer.
- Transfers, assignments or conveyance of unpatented mines or mining claims.
- A transfer, assignment or other conveyance of real property to a corporation or other business organization if the person conveying the property owns 100 percent of the corporation or organization to which the conveyance is made.
- A conveyance of real property by deed which becomes effective upon the death of the grantor pursuant to sections 2 to 27, inclusive, of this act.
- The making, delivery or filing of conveyances of real property to
make effective any plan of reorganization or adjustment:
- Confirmed under the Bankruptcy Act, as amended, 11 U.S.C.$$101 et seq.;
- Approved in an equity receivership proceeding involving a railroad, as defined in the Bankruptcy Act; or
- Approved in an equity receivership proceeding involving a corporation, as defined in the Bankruptcy Act, if the making, delivery or filing of instruments of transfer or conveyance occurs within 5 years after the date of the confirmation, approval or change.
- A transfer to an educational foundation. As used in this subsection, "educational foundation" has the meaning ascribed to it in subsection 3 or NRS 388.750.
- A transfer to a university foundation. As used in this subsection, "university foundation" has the meaning ascribed to it in subsection 3 of NRS 396.405